Friday, November 6, 2009

Life as a princess

What a girl Leah has been lately! She is so into dressing up like a princess- for play, Halloween, and around the house. One of Jarrod's coworkers gave him a whole suitcase full of dress up clothes, shoes, and accessories. It was like Christmas for Leah when she opened that up! Even when we go shopping now she has a say. I'll ask her if she wants a shirt or dress, guess what she'll say? I'm secretly glad that she's my girly girl. I told Jarrod she'll probably be a tomboy too with all his hobbies but let me enjoy the moment!

Besides being a princess all day, she's also an active dancer! Leah LOVES her dance class. She comes home remembering all her moves and shows them off. She's even into watching "So You Think You Can Dance" and seems to draw towards the latin/salsa dancing. One dance she loves watching is to the song "Push It" by Salt N' Peppa. I'm sure some of you have heard that song and is catchy. It's fun seeing her so into it. We got it on video too dancing along to it.

Leah is also excited in becoming a big sis. Still talks about the baby pretty much everyday. She'll give my tummy a kiss and lay her head down on it. A few times she has felt him kick and she looked at me like she was in shock. So since then, she's been feeling my tummy more often. Whenever we're out shopping and seems something kind of boyish, she's like "Maybe we should get this for my brother or something?" It's fun she's at the age she is now and understanding what's going on. I'm trying to treasure all these little moments with her because I know life is soon going to change and am worried that I'm going to miss out on some of the little things. Most of you know, I'm an emotional person already so just seeing her grow up so fast and knowing that life isn't going to be just about her anymore takes a toll on my hormones. Leah is definitely the center of our universe and having to soon share that with another maybe difficult but hopefully will come naturally. Only 11 more weeks to go until he meets his big sister!








No comments: