Well we had a very nice Christmas day, however the evening was quite an exception. That night, we were heading homebound with all of our presents & food with Leah sleeping soundly in her carseat. Jarrod and I were in midst of a conversation and noticed it was blowing quite a bit outside. I should have been paying more attention to the road since we were heading over a bridge. When I looked ahead, I noticed a snowdrift partway in my lane and was too late to divert it. The car ended up spinning a couple times and we hit the barrier. Luckily, we're all okay and didn't collide with another car or go off the bridge. We both thought it could've been a lot worse. Leah actually slept through the whole thing. Damages include the rear end, front passenger wheel, and our stainless steel crockpot. The tow company said we were their 9th tow in 2 hours that night! Now we're just waiting to hear back from the insurance company if the car is worth fixing. Hopefully we know by Monday because it's the only thing on my mind. We all miss the Impala and anticipate its return. It was definitely a wake up call and makes us appreciate everything life has to offer. So that's a Christmas night we'll always remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment