Sorry it's been quite awhile since our last post. I think the last one was in September- whoops! Life has been pretty busy in the Robran household. Leah has been going to St Anne's Preschool since the fall and LOVES it. She goes everyday from 8-1030am. She loves her teacher, friends, art, snack time. Guess there's nothing she doesn't like. She's found love in preschool, so she claims. She brought down her piggy bank the other day and says that her and John are going to save their money so they can buy a farm when they're married. I have also heard the same types of things from his mom. We're going to have to watch those two! She also is in dance again this year. This year, she's dancing with the kindergarten and 1st graders. Her group is called the Wee Petites. She has had 2 performances already and will have her last at the end of April. Leah finished up a months worth of swim lessons today. We can't believe how much progress she's made in just a few weeks. She's much more confident in the pool now and doesn't really 'need' us. She loves jumping off the edge of the pool and swimming underwater. Now we have to work on Jackson. He's complete opposite!
He's been Leah's sidekick a lot lately. He sees her off to preschool everyday then asks about her. He loves to ride in the jeep with her. They drive all over the yard. He says 'bye mom' then blows a kiss then they're off. Things he's really been into lately has been playing with Mr Potato Head, cars, and trains. Movies he loves are Toy Story and Cars. Can't forget Elmo! He still loves that guy and carries his Elmo doll around everywhere. Jackson also has a real bond with our lab, Kacie. They're buddies and follow each other everywhere. There are times when they're sick of each other too but most of the time are inseparable.
Jarrod found a new project to work on this spring- rennovation of his dad's fishing boat! He and his dad made out a deal that if he restores this boat, he'd be part owner. Well if that means having a boat- he's sold! Jarrod is busy working on it everyday. It's now sitting in our driveway and is basically all gutted out. He's been taking out all the old wood, foam, everything! His latest job with it has been to scrape all the old glue and foam out. He really has gotten pretty far. I was a little worried at first but am impressed by how much he has got done! I'm excited to see the finished project and take it out!
I've taken on a little project of my own as well- reupholstering our living room chair. We've inherited this chair and matching couch from my aunt who passed away years ago. I really would like to keep it since it's a little piece of my aunt. Being the light color it is, our kids basically destroyed it- stains, rips, sunken in- you name it. So I signed up for this class I saw in the community ed brochure. It took me 3 entire Saturdays to do but finished our chair. Looks like new! I am very happy with how it turned out. My next project will be the couch in the next month or two.
Before After
No comments:
Post a Comment