Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Goodbye Summer!

We had a great summer this year- cabin trip, swimming pool, parks, beaches, camp fires, Wisconsin Dells, fairs, and so on. Can't believe fall is here! I feel like I say this for every season. Feels like the older we get, the faster time goes. For me, I've been busy at work; not so much with clients but in getting ready to relocate buildings. I've been having fun being a part of the ALS program in Golden Valley 2 mornings a week. It's such a rewarding and wonderful program . I really can't complain about my job- love what I do! Jarrod is busy at work as he's nearing the end of a huge project. I'm sure he'll be relieved when that's over.

Leah has begun preschool at St. Anne's in Le Sueur. She goes every morning for 2 1/2 hours. We haven't heard any complaints yet! Most of you know that we are not Catholic but she has now learned their prayer! She came home one day from school and did it before lunch! I love the fact that the school is religious based and is more private than most. I'd rather her learn a Catholic prayer than learn the theme song of a TV show! It's weird now that she goes to school. I feel as if I lost a part of my child. I'm sure most moms feel that way. It's a good thing. She also has started up dance again in Belle Plaine every Thursday night and attends Sunday School. I love when she tells us what she's learned in her class and the certain details that stick in her mind. The latest one was with the story of Joseph and his coat and how his brothers put blood on it. She really finessed that story! Her newest thing now that she loves to do is tell stories. She'll take a book she's familiar with and retell it to us during her storytime at night. It's so fun to see where her imagination takes her.

Jackson has been talking a lot more now. He now says- mama, dada, wawa (water), papa (puppy), boppa (for Le Sueur grandpa and call him bumpa), Leah, Lily (friend from daycare), what's that, ish (fish), ba (ball), oos (shoes), baba (baby), nana (banana), and think I'm missing a few others. One thing I've noticed him doing lately is instead of saying 'duck', he'll click his tongue. He must think that word sounds like a click! So cute! He also can do a few animal sounds but his favorite is roaring. I will ask him what a bird says then he will roar. It has to be the boy in him! This must be the speech therapist coming out of me but love keeping track of what he says!  He's now a pro at walking and is starting to try and run. His little legs will get going fast but eventually falls. I love this stage!

                               Riding horse at Scott Cty Fair

                                                        Leah played a game onstage at the fair

                                                     Riding the big horse!

                                           Silly siblings                                                

No comments: